PRIVATE JET ACCEPTANCE PROGRAM
Purchasing a new aircraft is a significant investment. There should be no compromise when it comes to the quality and condition of your new jet. You want to be confident that the aircraft is delivered exactly as advertised and meets every one of your standards. However, there are an overwhelming number of complex inspection and testing procedures that must be completed at the time of delivery to guarantee that your standards will be met.
Latitude 33 Aviation’s extensive expertise can help you with the process of purchasing and accepting your desired aircraft. Our private jet acceptance program can take the uncertainty out of the acquisition process. Our experienced professionals provide transportation, testing, and inspection services that can give you peace of mind when buying a jet.
The Latitude 33 Aviation factory acceptance program has been thoroughly designed and adapted to ensure that our customers receive the most perfect aircraft possible. Our three-phase process starts well before delivery day and continues until well after, representing and protecting our customers every step of the way.
PHASE ONE, PRE-DELIVERY
- Setting up RVSM application, completing warranty documentation, and setting up post-delivery product support.
- Establishing fuel programs, insurance, navigational databases, electronic charts, and maintenance tracking software.
PHASE TWO, DELIVERY DAY
- Our on-the-ground technical inspection is comprehensive, covering the entire aircraft from nose to tail. Our technicians look for cosmetic, manufacturing, or installation defects. We also review all aircraft documentation to ensure airworthiness and issues that may have arisen during the manufacturing process.
- Typical paint issues requiring remediation may include scratches, orange peeling, overspray, streaking, and chipping.
- Interior issues normally found may involve soiling, material defects, misplaced soundproofing or insulation, cabinetry defects, technical issues with the lavatory, cabin lighting, folding tables, and other cabin systems.
- We conduct a logbook review identifying manufacturing issues that can impact aircraft performance or hull value.
- Our in-the-air flight test takes more than two-and-a-half hours to complete. It is designed to evaluate handling qualities, test all systems and, most importantly, validate performance parameters.
By day’s end, our team will complete an exhaustive review of all major systems including:
- Annunciation and master warning system
- Power plant
- Fire detection and protection
- Air conditioning
- Ice and rain protection
- Landing gear
- Flight controls
PHASE THREE, POST DELIVERY SUPPORT
Our team will work with manufacturers to facilitate warranty claims and ensure they deliver on post-delivery factory remediation for outstanding issues.
After experiencing the benefits of having an expert aircraft operator represent them during this process, our clients use us time and time again when they upgrade to larger, more capable aircraft. Learn more about our factory jet acceptance program and speak with our experts. Call 1-800-840-0310 or email AircraftSales@L33Jets.com today.