CAREERS AT LATITUDE 33 AVIATION
A PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE
Looking for Los Angeles or San Diego-based pilot jobs, charter sales opportunities, or aviation marketing careers? We are hiring!
The people at Latitude 33 Aviation are the most important asset of our company. We are passionate about providing unparalleled service and exceeding our clients’ expectations at every possible opportunity. Does this sound like you? If so, take a look at our open positions below.
Latitude 33 Aviation (L33Jets.com) provides the ultimate in private aviation services. Managing one of the newest and largest fleets of light, midsize, and super-midsize jets in the U.S., Latitude 33 Aviation’s mission is to be the absolute best at what we do. Specializing in individualized, client-specific management programs, we operate a fleet of over 30 Bombardier, Embraer, and Cessna aircraft and have been recognized as San Diego’s Best Air Charter Company. Overseen by a highly-motivated leadership team, Latitude 33 Aviation delivers excellence in private jet charter services, aircraft management, and aircraft acquisition and sales services.
Latitude 33 Aviation is an industry-recognized expert in delivering professional, full-service management programs while maintaining a safety, security, and customer service record that its clients can count on. Founded and run by current, professional pilots, Latitude 33’s leadership has the unique perspective of the private jet industry’s pulse from the front lines, not from behind a desk.
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Date Posted: 12/21/2018
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Experience Level: Entry Level/Early Career (0-3 years experience)
Graduating soon? Start your accounting career in the exciting world of private aviation with an industry-leading company in beautiful San Diego. Apply today!
About the Role
This position is part-time with the potential to become full-time in June. Weekly schedule is Tuesday and Thursday for approximately 16 hrs. per week. The primary role of the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk is to assist the accounting department executing assigned tasks. As company ambassadors, our accounting team members are key to ensuring every financial transaction and recordkeeping task is 100% accurate. Location: Palomar Airport in Carlsbad, California.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assemble, review and verify pilot trip expenses in digital PDF files
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into online Dropbox system
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Prepare check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Maintain digital vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Maintain accurate historical records
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information
- QuickBooks Premier Services Edition Desktop experience is mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word or equivalents required
- Proficiency in PDF software, adding PDF pages to master PDF file, as well as annotating PDF files
- Ability to work in front of a computer for prolonged periods of time
- 1-3 years accounting and/or bookkeeping highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration highly desirable
Qualifications (Experience & Education)
Ideal candidate will be nearing completion of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a course of study/major in Business Administration emphasis in Accounting; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Qualities
- Passion for delivering high-quality deliverables
- Highly detail oriented and creative
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Professional integrity
- Organization and prioritization
- Comfortable making calls/emails to industry contacts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight
- Ability to accomplish goals in ambiguous situations
- Enjoys a variety of tasks and seeks to be challenged
- Spreadsheet/Google sheets manipulation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Sound judgment
- Effective communication
- Vendor relationship skills
- Information management skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
Benefits and Perks
- Located in beautiful sunny San Diego
- Unique opportunity to work inside the world of private aviation with one of the best companies in the industry
- Compensation: DOE
- Full-time benefits include health insurance contribution, 401(k) matching, and more
To apply, email cover letter and resume to AccountingCareers@L33Jets.com. All correspondence will be kept strictly confidential. No phone calls, please. Thank you for your interest!
Pilot – Part 91/135 Cessna Citation CJ 3/3+/4 First Officer
Date Posted: Continuous
Location: Southern California/Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
What’s it like to be a Latitude 33 crew member?
Our crews are among the best-trained and most experienced professionals in the aviation industry. As company ambassadors to our clients, they are highly qualified to safely and professionally fly our clients anywhere in the world. Our skilled crew members take seriously their responsibility, career, and our company’s goal to achieve a higher standard. Our crew member program includes:
• Annual recurring state of the art simulator training at the finest training facilities in the world.
• In-house training for company specific items and adherence to our FAA approved procedures.
• An Initial Operating Experience (IOE) and mentoring program that is proven to ensure our crew members meet and exceed industry standards.
• FAA required drug testing and medical examinations.
Minimum Required Second in Command Qualifications:
• 1,000 hours total flight time
• 500 hours total PIC
• FAA commercial, multi-engine, instrument rating
• Current FAA Class 2 medical certificate
• No significant accidents, incidents, or enforcements in the last 3 years
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
Preferred Second in Command Qualifications:
• CE-525(S) Type rating (preferred, but not required)
• FAA ATP or ATP CTP license
• Current FAA Class 1 medical certificate
• 500 hours multi-engine
• 100 hours instrument time
• Part 135 and international experience
When applying, please note the following information:
1) Your CE-525 TOTAL TIME
2) The date of your last CE-525 Proficiency Check
3) The date of your last CE-525 flight
4) Glass cockpit / Pro Line 21 / Garmin G3000 time
Compensation and Related Details:
This full-time position will include a competitive starting salary and benefits package. (Please inquire for more details.)
Significant opportunities are also available to those who join our team and contribute to the success of the company.
Aircraft based in Long Beach, Hawthorne, and Van Nuys. Please note that even though Latitude 33 headquarters is based in the Carlsbad (San Diego) area, this applicant must live in or be willing to relocate to the Los Angeles area. Relocation assistance will be provided to qualified candidates.
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter indicating your qualifications and a brief description of your background to PilotCareers@L33Jets.com. All correspondence will be kept strictly confidential. No phone calls, please. Thank you for your interest!